Thursday, June 2, 2011

'Sew' Happy to make this Card!

I had just a second this morning to take a little peek around blog land, and came across the latest challenge over at the Moxie Fab Word: The I'm Sew Excited Challenge.



With all the craziness that I have been experiencing lately with the school year finishing up, I have not had as much time to craft as I have wanted. So I seized the opportunity this morning when the idea for this card popped into my head.


When I came across the challenge, I so wanted to play along, but among my enormous collection of stamps, I don't have any that have to do with sewing. I have had my eye on the Sew Lovely set from Lawn Fawn for a while, but in my efforts to try not to spend money on stamps or crafting supplies until I see the money from my upcoming to be published cards, I just haven't purchased it yet.


I did remember however, that I had a little mini deck of Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl paper, so I pulled that out, and put the card together! I can't believe I did not use a single stamp! Wow! I found some letter stickers from K & Company that I had lying around to make my sentiment, since again, I didn't have any stamps that would work exactly! Improvise, improvise, improvise! I then threw on some buttons and twine, and there ya have it!


Gonna get going now, the baby has been a bit cranky through my efforts of creating this card, so I'm going to go love on him, and encourage Sam to get dressed for school!


Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a cute little card! Great sentiment to go along with your embellishments.

Linda said...

Great card! I am totally jea-louz!

JJ Bolton said...

How cute! Your sentiment is perfect!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Amanda! Thanks for linking this up to the I'm Sew Excited! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)