Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer Weddings

It is that time of year, my friends!

Wedding Season!

Usually I don't pay much mind to it, mainly due to the fact that everyone I know is married.

Needless to say, I don't receive too many wedding invites these days.

This year however is an exception.Next week, a good friend's daughter is getting married. I wanted to create a fabulous wedding card for her, that captured summer. Usually when making wedding cards, I don't tend to lean towards such bright colors, but I just love these bright swirls of colors in this Cosmo Cricket paper. It actually makes me think of a Hawaiian wedding, which by the way, some family friends of mine(they were like my second family growing up) youngest son is getting married tomorrow in Hawaii. And I so wish I was there! Weddings and bright tropical colors have been on the brain! I might have to make another card like this for them, as they are having a reception back here in our area in July!


I also have to admit that this card was also created with a dual purpose in mind. I have been hearing about the Paper Crafts Magazine Gallery Idol 2011 Competition, and although have toyed with the idea of entering, really wasn't planning on it. Even thought I have had multiple card picked up for publication this year, I just still don't feel like the cards I create even come close to matching up to the amazing talent out there.....especially for the Gallery Idol Competition.


Well, I'm going out on a limb here, and I am entering this card into the competition.

Just for fun!

Because that's why I create and stamp!


Hope you all have a most fabulous Friday!

I have a card that I made last night for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge, that I want to redo before I submit it....so check back, there might be another card posted today...

Or it might be tomorrow!


Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!




1 comment:

Karen B. said...

I feel like this competition is a bit like submitting, you never know until you try and I personally am so glad that you did! I can see your card making abilities grow each time I visit and I'm so inspired by you. I don't know how you do it with all those boys in the house and managing a schedule.