Saturday, May 14, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #2....Probably the Best that I Know of!

I don't know how many of you caught the line from Napoleon Dynamite in the title of my post, but I just have to say that I think the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge is in fact the best that I know of. What a great group of women these Girl Fridays are, and what a lovely bunch of all of you who stop by my blog here from the CAS-ual Friday Challenge Blog, and leave such wonderful comments! Its so great to be a part of something so fun and uplifting.

Sometimes for me in my crafting world, I can get quite discouraged. Either a card doesn't turn out the way I thought it would from the picture I had in my mind, or cards that I think are AMAZING don't get picked up for publication....what ever the reason, I have to say over the past week or so, I have really enjoyed all the sweet comments y'all have left me here! So Thanks! You all are the best that I know of. Okay, getting on with things. Here is the card I made for the buttons and twine challenge. If you have followed my blog for some time, you know that I had a little phase where I was a bit obsessed with party hats. Well, it's been a while since I made a card with a party hat and I thought this challenge would work well using one.

For the poof on the top of the hat I took some black 5/8" satin ribbon from SU, and cut into in like I was making grass out of card stock. Then I adhered it in a circular motion on a 1" circle I punched out of card stock. It's kind of a variation of a flower that Karen Baker made out of ribbon over on the May Arts Blog a while back. Anyway, I then added a vintage button from PTI, and tied some black Divine Twine around some Memory Box Patterned Paper that I made the hat out of. The birthday sentiment is from Impress Rubber Stamps and is stamped in Poppy Parade ink by SU!


I am now officially going to bed!


Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!



9 comments:

Laurie said...

First off, thank you for those kind words! I am so glad you are loving CAS-ual Fridays!! Your card is adorable! I love the little pompom! What a great touch!! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karen B. said...

Wooh hoo bring out the party hats! So glad that you are enjoying this challenge. It is meant to be fun and bring out the best in people, which you've obviously done here! Love the party hat idea, and it seems like it would be easy enough to recreate for a birthday invite! And the pom pom look is so much fun! Super fantastic job Amanda. I was just thinking of posting my own thoughts on submitting and rejection, it seems as though I've gotten a lot of that lately! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

Awww, I got choked up just reading this! You are a doll for being so sweet, and rest assured we love you too! Your clever BD hat is fun. I love the poofy top with the gorgeous button! SO glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays and cannot wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

Love your party hat Amanda! What super idea for the top with the ribbon (I'll have to tuck that idea away for later). That button is gorgeous...which button series from PTI is this from? (I may have to go shopping again hehe) and your twine is the perfect touch, great CAS card :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a great idea Amanda! This is an adorable birthday card. I have to say that I feel the same way you do about CAS-ual Fridays. I have been so encouraged by the wonderful comments, and so inspired by the work of the DT and the players. Thanks so much for visiting my blog as well.

Virginia L. said...

What a clever idea to make a party hat!!Love it, Amanda!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see your fab work again!

Michele Gross said...

Oh my goodness! Your sweet words have me smiling ear to ear and choking back happy tears :D I'm so glad you are having with us, that means soooooo much to me!! Your card is delightfully fun! I love the button tucked into the pompom of fringe. Very happy you came to play with us again at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow! Those are just about the sweetest words I've ever read! I'm so glad that you feel encouraged by our comments - but the compliments are easy to give. Your work is wonderful!! And this project is no exception! Love, love, love the birthday hat - super cute idea and a perfect answer to this week's challenge! Thanks for playing with us again at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see more of your beautiful work again!

Laura Davis said...

What a fun and festive card!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura