Monday, May 2, 2011

A Quick Card for Lawnscaping Challenge #9



Hi!

I was just doing a little bit of blog hopping and saw that my friend Winter is the guest designer for May over at Lawnscaping!!! I am so happy for her! How exciting!

After seeing her post, I decided to play along! So here is just a quick card I whipped up for the latest Lawnscaping Challenge, which is all about celebrations. I know this card is super simple, and not really up to the caliber of what is submitted to this challenge, but I thought I would play along anyway! I added the little pearls to the cake in honor of the Royal Wedding this past week! They seemed to add that little bit of a distinguished touch to the cake, which jux opposes the crazy little sentiment!

Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!

Supplies:
Crumb Cake and Whisper White Card Stock by SU
Bake Me a Cake and Party Hearty Stamps Sets by Lawn Fawn and SU
Basic Black ink by SU. Baja Breeze Stampin Write Marker, Copic Markers
Pearls by Stampin Up, 1/8 Taffeta Ribbon in Black by SU, Scallop Trim Border Punch by SU

5 comments:

Lynnette said...

This is so cute. I love the pearls on the cake.

Marie said...

What a beautiful cake! TFS =)

Laurel Beard said...

Yum! Love your cake. And love the touch of elegant pearls! A royal cake indeed! I am thrilled your joined us at Lawnscaping this week! Hope to see you again!

Ashley Newell said...

This is super sweet! I love the pearls on your yummy cake! Thanks for playing along with us over at Lawnscaping!

Winter said...

Awww Thanks Amanda!I'm so glad you joined the challenge! I LOVE this card, the pearls are perfect! :)