Friday, July 23, 2010

Moxie Fab: Shabby & Vintage

I am completely out of my box on this one. This is not something I am comfortable with. Shabby and Vintage is a total style challenge for me, but I am proud to say that I triumphed. (And when I say triumphed, I mean that I finished the card!)
Normally when I see a challenge that isn't my style, or that I don't think I would have an easy time with, or get a good result out of, I just pass that challenge by..."no thank you," I say. But when I saw the 4 style challenges over at the Moxie Fab World Blog, I told myself that if I was going to enter a card for one category, that I had to play in all of them.

Here is my take on the Shabby & Vintage style:
Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!

Supplies:
Paper: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla (SU) Farmhouse (October Afternoon)
Ink: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Dusty Durango (ink refill to dye flower) all SU
Stamps: French Flair, Carte Postale (SU)
Other: Jute Twine (PTI) Fabric Flower, Beads, Pearls (SU)

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

Well I think it is absolutely beautiful, and soft, and very comforting, exactly what I think of when I see all the other vintage-y shabby cards out there. Fine job!

artfuldelight said...

OOhhh, I really like it. I think it turned out wonderful! I am the same way with challenges that are "out of the box" I just don't do them. I haven't been able to challenge MYSELF to do one yet. Great job on yours!!!

Jenny said...

Very pretty card, love it :) :) :):)

papertrails leaver said...

Beautiful shabby chic card!

TesaB said...

Beautiful card! Love the book page background!!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Amanda! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Shabby & Vintage Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)