Tuesday, June 8, 2010

EBTKS Challenge #16 - Nail Polish Is Tough!


Okay, so I first saw this challenge a number of days ago....and at first glance, I thought it was using nail polish as a color inspiration.
Oh, how I was wrong!

Then I realized that it was actually using nail polish on a card. I completely blew it off thinking that there would be no way I could do that. My creative mojo is making a very slow return after the birth of Kellan 6 weeks ago. Not to mention that my time is very limited.

I became very intrigued by this challenge, but didn't think I would be able to get to it. But tonight after I picked Cody up from Scouts, I just didn't come upstairs....I just hid out in my stamping dungeon.....no one would notice that mom wasn't around, right? Well, I managed to buy myself about 20 minutes in which I was able to make this card:

Here's a close up of the nail polish flowers!What I didn't realize was how tough of a medium nail polish would be. Thanks for the challenge, ladies! I just figured that I would color the flowers and it would be like using a marker, right? WRONG! I had to place a few drops on the paper and then I used a pall point pen to "drag" the nail polish around to make the flowers in the shape I wanted them. They are a bit abstract, but they are growing on me!

The patterned paper is from Memory Box, and the Nail Polish is OPI: California Raspberry, Chapel of Love, and the name on the third bottle wore off, so I don't know!

The best part of this is that I found the color I'm going to use at my pedicure tomorrow.....I'm going with California Raspberry!

Oh, and I can't get a blog post in without a pic of my new favorite guy! He's growing so fast, I can't believe how big he's gotten!
Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!
Oh, and if you haven't checked out my new blog, you can do so here!




8 comments:

Ann said...

Love your nail polish flowers! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge!

Karen B. said...

Holy cats, those are some amazing flowers. Very creative!

Winter said...

So pretty! I LOVE those flowers and what a sweet little man! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Such pretty flowers!
What a creative way to use nail polish!

Courtney Baker said...

Fabulous idea! Thanks for playing!

jen said...

This is AWESOME!!! Congrats on being an EBTKS diva!!! :D

Tethered2Home said...

Amazing flowers, brilliant!
oh, yes, & the adorable little guy .... ahh makes me wanna have another-almost ;)
Amy.

Karen B. said...

Coming back to say congratulations on your Diva mention! I love these flowers, so quirky and fun and so very realistic!