Thursday, January 14, 2010

A simple card for Sketchy Thursday #66

I promised myself, even though it was Sketchy Thursday, that I wouldn't make a card for it today. I would wait for tomorrow, since I have my craft room all cleaned up and ready for card class tonight.

Well, that didn't work.
And to boot, I don't know how keen I am on this card. It's cute, but nothing spectacular. And I just realized as I am looking at the card on the screen, that the owl is really crooked! Oops! We'll blame it on hormones! Perhaps I'll just have to make another card for the challenge this weekend!
I've been stamping a lot this week, which is fabulous, but I have also been blog hopping WAY too much, and there are so many talented women out there, who make so many incredible cards and paper crafts, I just don't know if I should be entering all these challenges with them. I do love to stamp, and it definitely is an outlet for me, I just wonder if I should keep all these things I make to myself! There are so many of you out there who truly inspire me. And I just don't feel like I should be in the same arena.

Okay, enough whining for one day....sorry to all you who read my sappiness.

Thanks for stopping by!
-Amanda

Supplies: paper: whisper white, Baja Breeze, Bo Bunny Persuasion and Love Bandit Papers. Inks: Chocolate Chip. Stamps: Fox & Friends, Owl together. Extras: Red string, Pink ribbon, Red Corduroy button, Mini staples.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amanda, WHAT are you talking about!!!! i think it is great that you do so many challenges. and i am sure that the crafters out there hosting these challenges are so happy and thrilled that you play. you see inspiration in their challenge to create...isn't that the biggest compliment...to help fellow crafters get creating? i love your cards! this is adorable; love the combo of dp that you used and i am definitely going to case that red string/button treatment you have goin' on there! (see? you just inspired me! thank you:):)) i don't think the owl is crooked at all...it looks great as it is:) wonderful card for tracy's sketch challenge...tfs! and keep on participating in the challenges...you are doing fabulous!
have a really fantastic day! tinla:)
p/s; i just re read your post, and you said that you love to stamp and how it is an outlet for you...i think it is great that you said that, and i love that you blog and share your love of paper crafting with all of us out here;):). i think, as crafters (and i guess this can go towards all areas of life...as mothers, as wives, as friends etc etc), it is wonderful to see all the different creativeness out there, and to just enjoy each other:)

Tracy said...

What'cha talkin' about Willis?! LOL! Do you remember where that's from? Seriously girl this card is REALLY goregous. I was really drawn to the colors and that ribbon is the perfect accent for it! Did you notice that the paper kinda matches your blog?? Too cute!! Don't be so hard on yourself. You're da bomb in my book!!! Hugs, Tracy