Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What Inspires Me

I was reading this post on the Moxie Fab World blog, and it started me thinking about what inspires me. There are a lot of places and things that I find my inspiration from when it comes to card making and crafting, but I would have to say one of my favorites is from magazines. All sorts of magazines. Whether it's pictures that inspire color themes or invoke certain layouts....I have a lot of my inspiration come from these. I go through all the magazines that I receive, and believe me, there are a bunch of them (that story to come a bit later), and I cut out pictures and things that I like...I put them in plastic page protectors and I have a huge 3 ring binder, actually 2 of them now, that I have all my magazine cut outs in! It's super fun sometimes just to sit down and see all the different ideas that I am in love with. And I find that my tastes change, so every once in a while I will go through my notebooks and purge them.

So here is a picture that I saw, that I just fell in love with:
This is out of the February 2010 Family Circle. From the second I saw this picture, I just fell in love with it, which is funny, because this is not a color scheme that you would find in my house, or that I would go to own my own in the card making realm. Yet, there was something about it that is so fresh and spring-like.

It was both colors and the patterns on the pillows and in the picture frames that caught my eye! I decided though, mostly to go with the colors, although, I tried to use a stamp that had leaves similar to the green leaved pillow. The stripes in my ribbon mimic the ribbon in the frames as well as the stripes in the pillow.

Here's my card that was inspired by the picture! The funny thing is that I pulled out probably one of my oldest stamps sets! I go through stamp sets like crazy, and usually get rid of a bunch that are old and/or retired from SU, but I don't think I will ever get rid of this one. It's like family to me!

Here's the story: A year ago Christmas, a bunch of people must have gotten together and decided I needed a bunch of subscriptions for magazines, because I got a bunch that year. Here are some of my favorites for inspiration that have come to the house: Domino(which doesn't exist anymore, but was FABULOUS), Martha Stewart, Sunset, Better Homes & Gardens, Real Simple, Family Circle, O, Gourmet, (yes, I actually have found inspiration in food!!!.....and table settings too!)

Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!

Supplies: Paper: Basic Gray, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Whisper White, all SU. Inks: Basic Gray, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron. Stamps: Upsy Daisy, sentiment. Buds n' Blossoms, image. Extras: Wild Wasabi striped ribbon, Swiss dots cuttlebug folder, Scallop Border Punch, Corner chomper.

No comments: