Tuesday, February 8, 2011

i love hanging out with you

Here is a card that did not make the cut for cards that I submitted for publication. I don't know why but I just decided not to submit it. But that means that I can share it here on my blog!

I saw these little hangers in a stamp/paper crafting store a few weeks ago, and just thought they were adorable.
I think I might give it to Kerry for Valentine's Day, even though I don't really care for the holiday that much. Way back in the beginning of our marriage, I threatened him that if he ever brought me flowers let alone roses on Valentine's day, he would be in so much trouble, he wouldn't ever see the end of it. I know that's kinda backwards from what most people want, but I just don't see the point in spending three times the amount of money on flowers than at any other week during the year. And second, if he really wants to do something lovely for me, I would much rather him do it on some random day, and not because Hallmark told him this as the day to do some thing for someone you love.

Sorry about my little rant there. Anyway, I think I might have to give him this card, even though he's already seen it ( I show him all the cards I make, and bless his heart, he puts up with me doing so). I just love him, and am so happy that he is my husband and the father of our 4 children!
Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Winter said...

I lOVE this Amanda! You should have submitted it, they would have LOVED it too! :)
I tell my husband not to buy expensive roses too! His Mom was a florist, so he knows better than to buy them on Valentines Day! I like when he goes to WalMart on an ordinary day and buys me some for $5 or $10! :)