Monday, August 24, 2009

Totally Uninspired.....sniff!

Okay, I have to admit. I just haven't been feelin' it lately. I don't know what it is....actually I have a good idea, but I just don't want to admit it yet. I keep getting on the computer and looking at all the amazing creations that all of these AMAZING women are making, and instead of inspiring me to be great, I just want to cry. Kinda sad, huh? Perhaps it's just hormones, I don't know. How do all of you gals do it? I look around at all of my blogging friends, and am amazed at how y'all pump out all of these incredible things, and still have all these wonderful stories to tell about your children and families and all the time you spend with them. Somehow I don't think I'm making things work right.

I have just been feeling lately that my life has been pulling me in so many different directions all at the same time, I feel like someone being quartered by horses. Crazy, I know, but I just feel like I am barely keeping my head above water. I think that perhaps the answer is to slow down. It always is for me. I am such a motivated and competitive person that it is REALLY tough for me to slow down and say 'no' sometimes. The toughest part for me is to say 'no' to myself....to some of those things that I really want to do, but aren't as important as, say, my children and family. Because it's all about family, isn't it?

Well, now that y'all are tired of my whining...I do have a card to share....it isn't my favorite, but it's okay.....it's one I made a couple of weeks ago, and just never got around to posting. I used some pp that I found in my crazy stash of paper that I cleaned out a few weeks ago, and really wanted to use it.
Thanks for stopping by. And for listening to me ramble today!

2 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Hey Amanda... first ... your card is great! Second... I am sorry that you are having the blahs... I totally feel the same way most of the time! Seriously! I love to create and post cards... almost too much! I feel like a horrible mother because instead of thinking about things that Carver and I can do together,etc... I am thinking about crafty stuff. I have felt the 'somethings gotta give' a lot lately. Unfortunately... it is going to have to be my crafty time/energy! I can't stay up till 1am every morning and still function and be a good mother!

I get very discouraged as I see all the women around me getting published or winning a lot of challenges, etc! I am so very happy for them and don't get upset with them at all... it just makes me feel bad about myself and think "why am I doing this?"... "i suck", etc. etc.!! I think we all have a competitive nature (or you and I do anyway) and that is just part of it! I just have to remind myself that I do it because I love it! So far that works for the most part. I eventually get over it after a day or two.

Anyway... I am sure none of that helps but I really do understand exactly how you feel! I think you are very talented and so sweet! Keep your head up and keep up the good work!

Tracy said...

Ohhhhh Amanda, I'm sooo sorry to be so behind on posting. Girl I *totally* can relate to what you're saying. I've been were you are. Most of the time I feel like my stuff sucks cause there are so many amazing talented crafters out there. LIKE YOU! But I somehow push through it and just do what I can. I also have to remind myself WHY I stamp/scrapbook. It was my therapy. It's not suppose to stress me out. And if it weren't for my gal pals (your one of 'em) lifting me up all the time I would've thrown in the towel a long time ago. For me, whenever I get to feeling like this it's because I've been trying to do it all. That's just who we are as women. So take a breather my friend. I'm so glad you vented and let it all out. Sometimes that's all we can do. Sending you {{{{BIG HUGS}}}}