Thursday, July 2, 2009

My first Raspberry Suite Challenge!

Well, I just couldn't resist another challenge! This is the first time I've played this challenge over at Dawn McVey's My Favorite Things. What a talented gal! And what a fun color challenge. These colors were super fun to work with! I knew I wanted to make a card with flowers, but my only problem was trying to decide whether or not to stamp the flowers and then cut them out, or to use my Slice Machine, and make distressed vintage flowers, which by the way I learned how to do from a tutorial Dawn had a few days ago.

Well, I stamped flowers and I made flowers with my Slice. The slice won out, mainly because I didn't want to cut out all those intricate flowers I had stamped, but also because.....well I don't really know. Oh yeah, now I remember, I didn't want there to be any white on the card, since white was not one of the colors called for (even though Dawn mentioned it would be OK).

I did stamp on the flowers, but it really doesn't show up that well, even in real life, let alone the picture. And I decided to distress the leaves a bit too! Wasn't really too fond of the card at first, but it's beginning to grow on me!
The Goods:
Paper: Basic Black, Going Grey, Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Melon Mambo (All SU)
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Melon Mambo
Stamps: Sentiment: Noteworthy; Organic Outlines, Circle Circus
Extras: Melon Mambo Polka Dot Ribbon, Rhinestones
Oh, and remember, when I get to 20 followers, I will be sending out something ( a stamp set, I presume) from the new SU catalog to one of those lucky people....wouldn't you like to be one? Just sign up to follow me and you could win! We're almost there.....

13 comments:

Jane said...

Girl it may be your very first Raspberry Suite challenge but you rocked it! I LOVE it!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is great Amanda!! Gorgeous!

Maureen P said...

LOVE the flower!! Fabulous use of the colours this week...top 10 for sure :)

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Awesome card!! LOVE what you did with the challenge!!! :)
Your blog rocks too! I am now following!!
Have a great 4th!! :)

Ann said...

Woooo, gorgeous! Great job with the colors!

Traveling Mama said...

Wow! This is amazing! Your flower is awesome!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Goargeous card!! You'll be hooked on her challenges now!

Janelle said...

I love your card. The top note die, the flowers -- great job on the color challenge!

Winter said...

Pretty card! I love the flower! Glad you could join us for the challenge! :)

Jessica said...

This card is so bold and pretty!! That flower looks awesome :) TFS.

Karen said...

Wowzers!! That is one beautiful handmade flower!!! Great card! :>

Scrapping Julie said...

well, you should play along again, you did great!

Sue Lelli said...

I love the simplicity of your card! The flower is beautiful!