Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sketchy Thursday.....on Thursday!

It's crunch time. We're leaving for the beach house tomorrow morning.....so I have a bunch to do so we can get out of town! And when I say I have a bunch to do, I mean stamping! I suppose there's also laundry, and packing and such, but our babysitter is coming this afternoon for a few hours so I can go out and get all my errands done without my 'helpers'.
Well, I decided that if I didn't make a card right now.....it might not happen before we leave, so here's what I came up with.



I've been wanting to try this color combo; Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay, & Crushed Curry, so I thought I'd give it a try for Tracy's sketch. And since I loved the line of buttons I used on this card, I thought I would try it again. What do ya think? Does it work?

So glad that Tracy is back...I totally missed her Sketchy Thursdays. And I am so happy that she has a new addition, Jinxy!

Two gals at card swap last night used the French Script background stamp, and I was totally inspired. And since mine hasn't seen ink in a LONG time, I thought I'd try it out! The little bird stamp, which I think I have fallen in love with is from a hostess set from the new catalog. Usually I don't end up using hostess sets or liking them all that much, but I love this little bird! The set is called 'Of the Earth'. The flower is from a new set as well, 'For all you do'.

5 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is great Amanda... I love the color combo and the buttons! I can't wait to get my hands on those new colors... they are ordered... just have to wait till our next class/workshop to get them! Have fun at the beach house... wish I was going!!

anthonette said...

WOW! The color combo is just fabulous! Love it. What a great take on Tracy's sketch. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing Frech Script again....manuscript BGs look great! the little birdie looks so sweet in yellow and love that pop of a blue flower! Fantastic job on Tracy's sketch challenge...TFS!

Tracy said...

Ohhhhhh you go girl. Congrats on being the first one to post this week! LOL! What a terrific card. LOOOOOOOOOOOVE these colors together. And the line of buttons is too cool. Hope you and your family are having a wonderful time at the beach!

Hugs,
Tracy

Armie said...

Hi Amanda,

Love your take on the sketch challenge..awesome colors you got here! And the script...beautifully done!! TFS your creativity with us!! See you again next week! :o)