Friday, July 17, 2009

Raspberry Suite Challenge #12 - My Second One!


Warning: There's going to be some rambling in this post!

I loved participating in Dawn's last challenge, which was my first Raspberry Suite Challenge, so I was so excited last night when I hopped on over to Dawn's site and saw that she put out a new challenge!

The funny thing about the colors that Dawn chose for her challenge is this: I had just finished making a card, not for any challenge or anything in particular, and when I finished the card I was going to head up to bed to read for a little while, but I decided real quick to check out Dawn's site. When I saw these colors that she had chosen, I thought I must have ESP, because the card I just finished , was pretty much those same colors. A little strange don't ya think? If you want to see this card, click here!

Well, I didn't want to enter that card in her challenge, even though the colors were so close, and we all know that I can't leave something undone, and rest, so even though I was done for the night, I had to make another card. Loved the colors. I have so many of these Coleus plants in my pots on my front porch, and I love 'em. Wish that I would have thought to use them for color inspiration....Thanks for thinkin' of it, Dawn!!

I tried to go simple with this card. I used one of the new Level 1 Hostess sets from the new SU catty. I just love this little bird. Grabbed a few leftover buttons from the last card I made, and I had my card. Thanks for stoppin' by and takin' a peek!

Remember when I get to 30 who join my site, I'm going to give away another stamp set to one of those lucky people! We're almost there!

The Goods:
Inks: Riding Hood Red, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla
Stamps: Of the Earth (Hostess Level 1 set from the new SU catalog)
Extras: Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, 1 1/4 & 1 3/8 Square Punches, Random Buttons

4 comments:

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun blocks of color and great button accents. Great job with this fun color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kristina said...

Such a fun card! Love the big squares of color from the stamp... and the buttons are the perfect finishing touch!

Scrapping Julie said...

great job on the challenge

Janelle said...

That is a cute little bird stamp! Quite a coincidence regarding your card colors and Dawn's challenge!